Filippov Kirill Borisovich, Head of legal department, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Frolova (Tokareva) Alla Borisovna, Key economist, sub-department of order placement, legal department, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Precision of legal norms’ wording, uniformity of the corresponding terminology usage directly influence correct understanding and execution of legal enactments by citizens, increasing, thereby, both the effectiveness of legal regulation and the general level of justice in a country. It is precisely this fact that causes the problems of legal regulation of legal documents’ language and style to be a topical subject for the authors’ research. The work is aimed at studying the problem of normative legal regulation of language and style of legal acts in the Russian Federation, including the requirements to exclusion corruption-causing factors from linguistic organization of normative legal acts and drafts thereof.
Materials and methods. Realization of the research objectives was achieved on the basis of the analysis of sufficiency and effectiveness of separate forms of active legislation in the field of normative legal regulation of legal acts’ language and style in the Russian Federation. The authors used the methods of comparative-legal and historical-legal analysis allowing to compare the content of the legal processes under consideration in their historical development.
Results. In the course of research the authors determined disadvantages of legal regulation in the given field: the given requirements are applied only to the normative legal acts and projects thereof; uncoordinated and inconsistent legal regulation of the considered filed, lack of terminological uniformity, lack of rules and methods of linguistic and legal examination etc. On the basis of the analysis carried out the authors suggest to specify and sort normative legal requirements to language and style of legals acts.
Conclusions. The work substantiates the necessity of close attention by lawmaking subjects, first of all by legislators, to solution of problems of legal regulation, stated in the present research, in order to improve effectiveness of legal regulation and the general level of justice in the country.
official record, legal act, language of law, rule of law, corruptioncausing factor.
1. Pravila russkoy orfografii i punktuatsii [utv. AN SSSR, Minvuzom SSSR, Minprosom RSFSR v 1956 g.] [Rules of the Russian spelling and punctuation (approved by the USSR Academy of Sciences, the USSR Ministry of Higher Education, the RSFSR Ministry of Public Education in 1956)]. Moscow: Gos. uchebno-pedagogich. izd-vo Min-va prosveshcheniya RSFSR, 1956.
2. Barabash O. V. Politicheskaya lingvistika [Political linguistics]. 2013, no. 3, pp. 209–215.
3. Galyashina E. I. Antikorruptsionnaya ekspertiza normativno-pravovykh aktov i ikh proektov: sb. nauch. st. (podgot. na osnovanii materialov kruglogo stola «Antikorruptsionnaya ekspertiza normativno-pravovykh aktov i ikh proektov», prokhodivshego 15 yanvarya v MGYuA im. O. E. Kutafina) [Anticorruption examination of normative legal acts and projects thereof: collected articles (prepared on the basis of proceedings of the round table “Anticorruption examination of normative legal acts and projects thereof”, held on 15 January in MSJA named after O. E. Kutafin)]. Moscow: Prospekt, 2010.
4. O normativnykh pravovykh aktakh Respubliki Belarus': Zakon Respubliki Belarus' ot 10 yanvarya 2000 g. № 361-Z. [On normative legal acts of the Republic of Belarus: the Law of the Republic of Belarus from 10 January 2000 № 361-Z]. Available at: http://www.base.spinform.ru/show_doc.fwx?rgn=1837
5. O normativnykh pravovykh aktakh: Zakon Respubliki Kazakhstan ot 24 marta 1998 g. № 213-I. Available at: http://www.online.zakon.kz/Document/?doc_id=1009108
6. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [On normative legal acts: the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan from 24 March 1998 № 213-I]. 2014, no. 31 (4 Aug.), art. 4398.
7. Luk'yanova E. A. Zakonodatel'stvo [Legislation]. 1999, no. 11.
8. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po yuridiko-tekhnicheskomu oformleniyu zakonoproektov (napravleny pis'mom Apparata GD RF ot 18 noyabrya 2003 g. № vn2-18/490) [Methodological recommendation on juridical-technical execution of bills (submitted by the letter from the Russian Fedration’s State Duma Apparatus on 18 November 2003 № vn2-18/490)]. Available at: http://www.base.garant.ru/4081253/
9. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Collection of the Russian Federation legislation]. 1996, no. 49 (2 December), art. 5506.
10. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 1997, no. 161 (21 Aug.).
11. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Collection of the Russian Federation legislation]. 2001, no. 32 (6 Aug.). art. 3335.
12. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2006, 29 November.
13. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2010, no. 46 (5 March).
14. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2009, no. 156 (21 Aug.).
15. Byulleten' normativnykh aktov federal'nykh organov ispolnitel'noy vlasti [Bulletin of normative acts of federal executive bodies]. 2007, no. 28 (9 July).
16. O normativnykh pravovykh aktakh Rossiyskoy Federatsii (red., prinyataya GD FS RF v I chtenii 11.11.1996): Proekt Federal'nogo zakona № 96700088-2 [On normative acts of the Russian Federation (edition approved by the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation in the first reading on 11.11.1996): Federal bill № 96700088-2]. Available at: http://www.base.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=PRJ;n=72
17. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2007, 24 May.
18. Reglament Gosudarstvennoy Dumy Federal'nogo Sobraniya Rossiyskoy Federatsii. Prilozhenie k Postanovleniyu Gosudarstvennoy Dumy Federal'nogo Sobraniya Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 22 yanvarya 1998 g. № 2134-II GD. [Regulations of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation from 22 January 1998 № 2134-II GD] Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/law/review/lawmaking/reglduma/
19. Sternin I. A. Politicheskaya lingvistika [Political linguistics]. 2010, no. 2 (32), p. 63.
20. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2009, no. 4957 (22 July).
21. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collection of the RF legislation]. 2005, no. 23 (6 June), art. 2199.